Sunday, July 18, 2010

Pet peeves, Baseball, and Shopping

One of my pet peeves involves people leaving trash around at places like movie theaters. If you’ve ever stayed until the end of a movie, watching the credits while the theater room empties, you will see what I’m talking about. As you leave your seat to walk out, you are stepping over spilled popcorn, empty cups, and candy bags all over the floor. Apparently we are too lazy to walk 20 steps to the trash can outside the door. (Even though we‘ll walk by it anyway… so it‘s more we are too lazy to carry something 20 steps)

The baseball game was great. There were home runs and it was a close game. I don’t know much about baseball, but I kind of figured when the fans were all clapping and cheering, something good was happening. I debated as to what team I should cheer for and settled with the Angels. I was in their stadium after all. And they won. It’s interesting the kind of people you’ll sit around when you’re at a game like that. There was a gentleman in front of us who was very loud and talked a lot. (I don‘t think English was his first language) To the right there was a couple gals and they were usually buying something every 5 seconds. And they left a ton of trash in there absence.

Today I went shopping and it was a very successful trip. I finally bought myself some tennis shoes. I really have never liked tennis shoes and have not needed to wear them much. It’s not like I do that much outside now a days anyway. But after a 4 mile walk in flip flops…. I changed my mind. I bought a cute pair of sandals too.

I have been a nanny for the last 3 years and I watched twin boys. The most beautiful and adorable boys you’ll ever see. Today I read in the news that a pair of twin girls drowned in Mass. That makes me sad. I can not imagine what the family must be going through. When watching kids it only takes turning away for one second. You never know what can happen.

And that's Emily reporting to you live from HB, California

1 comment:

  1. I completely agree with you! I find it ridiculous when people just don't pick up their trash. Like you said, its not that hard to walk 20 steps and put it in the garbage, especially since you are going to walking by it anyway. But oh well, Americans these days can be so lazy. :P

    It sounds like you had a great time at the baseball game. I am glad that the team you were cheering for won! That is super exciting!

    Oh that is so incredibly sad. The poor family, that is just a horrible tragedy and such a horrific thing to have to go through.

    ReplyDelete